NCIA 2023 Awards Round
Following the evolution of National Clinical Excellence Awards to become National Clinical Impact Awards - NCIAs (in 2022) there will be further changes to the process for the 2023 round, due to open in March 2023.
Whilst we gather more information on behalf of the membership please note the ACCIA are running free webinars regarding the awards.
BAHNO wishes to encourage all members to consider whether they would like to apply.
ACCIA Timeline & Deadlines
As you will be aware, the 2023 National Clinical Impact Awards will open for applications on 03 March 2023 and the window is currently scheduled to close on 28 April 2023. Please see the below provisional timetable for further information, you may wish to re-distribute this amongst your membership:
· 3 March to 28 April 2023 – applications open
· 29 April to 26 June 2023 – first round scoring
· 27 June to 4 September – N3 scoring
· 27 June to 6 November – governance review
· 5 September to 6 November – NRES scoring
· end November 2023 – main committee finalisation of recommendations
· December 2023 – recommendations to and sign off by ministers
· mid-January 2024 – notifications sent to successful applicants and finance processes initiated to back pay awards
· mid-January to mid-February 2024 – appeals window open
BAHNO’s role in NCIAs
Following changes to the ACCIA application process, BAHNO (as a Member Organisation (MO)) will no longer provide citations and rankings to a selected number of applicants.
This means that applicants will no longer be able to choose to request support from MOs such as BAHNO (previously known as National Nominating Organisations (NNOs)).
BAHNO will however still play an important role in supporting members across our specialty groups and areas of practice to apply for awards.
BAHNO will be providing an opportunity for members to seek direct guidance in the run up to submission of applications via a virtual guidance session on Monday 17th April (5-7pm). Members who are interested in joining this zoom session are asked to register their interest with the BAHNO secretariat (Secretariat@BAHNO.ORG.UK).
Below are links to resources provided by the ACCIA Secretariat and we would encourage all members considering an application to review these. Included is an application checklist and Domain 2 (Leadership) examples.
· Recordings of our applicant and employer webinar (Q&A to be uploaded in due course) – https://tinyurl.com/ACCIA2023webinars
· Our printable resources (will shortly be updated with information relevant to the 2023 Awards Round) – National Clinical Impact Awards 2022: resources for applicants and employers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
· Our 2023 guidance for applicants - Applicants' guide: 2023 awards round - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)